The Power of Acceptance: Embracing Change for a Brighter Future
Here's a list of 15 things to learn to 'let go' of, if you want to be truly happy. Letting go can be simple and straightforward, but difficult to consistently apply to our lives. We need to practice them, over and over, so that the newly learned pattern becomes the default, standard behavior.
1. Your need to always be right. “Would I rather be right, or happy?”
4. Self-defeating self-talk
5. Limiting beliefs about what you can or cannot do, about what is possible or impossible. “A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind”
6. Complaining. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
7. Criticism. Give up your need to criticize things, events or people that are different than you.
8. Impressing others
9. Resistance to change. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” Joseph Campbell
10. Labels. Stop labeling those things, people or events that you don’t understand “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
11. Fears. Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist – you created it. “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.”
13. The past
14. Attachment. Attachment and love cannot coexist.
15. Living your life to other people’s expectations.
Most people need a lot of help to learn how to do the above. Residential treatment is a way to immerse yourself in new ways of thinking, feeling and being. Come and experience sober living with peace of mind in Panama.
Sign up for interesting and inspiring recovery news!
Contact us to get started on a new pathinquire Now
Get our free PDF guide on moving forward into the solution.